The Canadian Financial Divorce Toolkit
The Essential Step-By-Step Toolkit to Fully Understand the Financial Aspects of Your Divorce with Confidence and Clarity
Limited Time Offer $99
This Toolkit Is For You If You Are:
- Thinking about separation, but don’t understand, or fully know what it means for you financially?
- Engaging in mediation or Negotiating directly with your Spouse and want to prepare yourself, or
- Working with a lawyer, but are getting lost with conflicting information?
The Canadian Financial Divorce Toolkit Will
- Help You understand the intricacies of uncoupling your family’s finances
- Arm you with Knowledge so you may navigate the process with Clarity and Confidence
- Save Time searching for incomplete information on the internet
- Save Money by making informed decisions
- Reduce Confusion and Take Control of your financial future
What You Will Learn…
- The Separation Process
- Important Dates
- Gathering Information
- Post Separation Goals & Post Separation Expense
Family Assets and Debts
Information on different family assets & debts, and how they are treated during separation
- Primary Residence
- Real Estate
- Valuing Property
- Financial Assets
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP)
- Spousal RRSPs
- Locked-In RRSPs
- Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIF)
- Tax Free Savings Accounts (TFSA)
- Non Registered Investments
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Exempt or Excluded Assets
The importance of income in a separation, it’s different sources and how it is determined
- Income – Employment
- Income- Business
Separation & Revenue Canada
- Explains Canada Child Benefit, Tax Deductions and Tax Credits
Child Support and Special Expenses
- Lessons on how to calculate Child Support and Special Expenses
- How Spousal Support is determined, the tax treatment of spousal support and different support options.
- How assets are divided and how an equalization payment may be calculated.
What Customers Are Saying
I found the toolkit to be helpful as it has all the information in one place. I also like that each module is short- 1-3 minutes so I did not find it overwhelming.
The Divorce Financial Toolkit has great information that helped me in preparing my case with my Lawyer. It also helped me to talk to my Spouse and arrive at a more meaningful division of our assets and debts. I am feeling a bit more relaxed after following the kit. Thank you”
I found Madhu’s knowledge base of tax, finance, investing and budgeting from the big picture to small details so helpful. She could very clearly and quickly understand the situation and explain and put things in perspective.
About The Author
Madhu Kanwar has over 15 years in financial planning experience having worked as a financial planner with CIBC and RBC. After her own divorce, she started Elixir Consulting to work with individuals and couples going through separation.
Madhu is a Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist, a Certified Financial Planner, has an MBA and holds a CFA charter.
Having worked with over a hundred individuals dealing with separation to help them navigate the process prompted the development of the Canadian Financial Divorce Toolkit to address the most common questions and concerns.
Madhu has conducted workshops for women going through separation with the North Shore Women’s Centre, has been interviewed for the Omni TV show “Women in focus” and has been interviewed and quoted by Adviser Today.